Here is some other interesting St. Patrick's Day trivia for you:
- 83% of Americans wear green on this day
- 34% will make a special dinner, likely including corned beef and potatoes
- About 5.5 million pints of Guinness are consumed around the world daily, and that number more than doubles on St. Patrick's Day
- In 2009, 36.9 million Americans claimed Irish ancestry, which was actually eight times the entire population of Ireland for that year
- The largest known collection of four-leaf clovers belongs to Edward Martin, Sr., from Alaska made up of 111,060 clovers collected over an eight year period
- Slainte, pronounced (slahn-chuh) is an Irish toast for good health, similar to our "cheers"
(Adapted from Via Science)
Keep up with Texas Orthopedics news by following us on Facebook and Twitter (@TexasOrthopedic).