- The study evaluated 143 pitchers with a median age of 15.7 years old.
- Eighty-eight of the pitchers participated in preseason training, while the rest began training at the start of the season.
- The prevention program was supervised by an athletic trainer.
- Resistance training with dumbbell weights and elastic tubing, along with targeted flexibility exercises, were incorporated.
- The program require a fifteen-minute commitment from pitchers, for four times a week.
Texas Orthopedics is the largest provider of comprehensive musculoskeletal services in Central Texas. We provide specialized expertise and broad experience in the areas of general orthopedics, sports medicine, joint replacement, spine, foot, ankle, hand, shoulder, elbow surgery and non-operative spine and neck care. Six locations in Northwest Austin, Central Austin, South Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park and Marble Falls to better serve you.
Monday, April 11, 2016
- Dr. Barbara Bergin Featured on Forbes.com
- Dr. Savage Shares Cycling Accident Experience with...
- Improving Balance
- Sleep is Key in College Athletics
- Incentives to Exercise
- Preseason (Baseball) Arm Injury Prevention Program...
- Statesman Cap10K and Race Tips
- Texas Orthopedics Opens Urgent Injury Clinic
- Digital Fitness Devices Empowering Patients
- ▼ April (9)
- ► 2015 (103)
- ► 2014 (109)
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (30)
- ► 2011 (39)